It is apparent that I need to come up with a Plan B. For the last couple months it was painfully obvious that I couldn't keep going like I was. I needed a break from something. I obviously can't take a break from my kids - they need me and they are my world, so I wouldn't even want a break from them. My flip house takes up time - but I take breaks from that when I have to...which is why it isn't done yet. It is also therapy for me....since I really enjoy it. I can't give up on all the driving for the therapy and other things needed. So - that leaves work. I've set it up - so that a break barely affects anyone. I wouldn't need a break if the drive wasn't so far and they were treating me well. I've always had a problem with many of the people I work with - I just haven't had the other problems that I've experienced since Dave died. It has caused so much extra stress on me. I really need to focus on my health and getting me better - I have not done that at all. I've been so worried about everyone else - that I haven't really tried to help myself.
It doesn't look as though my plan is going to work. The person making the decision doesn't believe the Doctor and does not believe I should be allowed any extra concessions because of my situation. I know it probably isn't fair to give me anything extra - but I'm not in a normal situation. I've been trying for the last year to manage the load needed for 2 people and I just haven't done a very good job at it.
So...it looks as though I need a Plan B. I actually have a Plan B - but the chances are pretty slim - so I need a Plan C. I could just take some time to myself and not work at all. I'd have to cut back - but I think I could at least take the rest of the summer to figure things out. I could work part time somewhere - but those jobs seem very slim - and nothing in my line of work. I could also just keep going like I have been....I just think in the long run - it is just going to keep depressing me and make me a very bitter person. I don't think that is a good option for my kids.
I am currently off until I get official word - but I'm not very optimistic that it will go through. So far I for sure had yesterday and today off. I'll keep checking my email to see if the message come through about tomorrow. If I don't hear - I'll at least have tomorrow.
This limbo is just about as stressful as working!!! At least I'm with my kids.....:)
I am a wife and mother of 2. I have many different interests - baking, home renovations, music, education ;)