To most - I'm probably not a bad Mom - but I so feel like one. Here are the reasons:
1. I totally forgot to get Keagan's teacher a gift. I went to the store last night and intended to get it then, but I just forgot. Keagan had fallen asleep on the way there and usually I tell him to remind me. She's been so awesome and I just feel bad. I forgot last year as well, but luckily there was a snow day - so I had a good excuse as to why they didn't get them. I don't have a good excuse today.
2. Malea had some white elephant thing she was supposed to do and we couldn't find anything that would work. Normally white elephant is supposed to be whatever you can find around the house - but apparently that isn't how it was working. In my defense though - I knew nothing about this until 11 pm last night.
3. Keagan was supposed to (I guess it was optional) bring a gift for everyone in the class. It completely slipped my mind.
4. I have this nephew coming and I've been working on a blanket for him since early October. It still isn't done - and he's going to be here in a few days. I think I'll still get it done - but nothing like last minute! I may be putting the edging on in the waiting room!
5. Keagan has 1 present under the tree - and it isn't really something that would be great just all by itself.
6. Malea has a couple presents under the tree, but nothing really awesome or anything.
7. I have purchased presents for my younger 2 sisters and my 2 nieces and nephew - but NOTHING for anyone else in my family. I don't even have a clue what I'm getting everyone else.
8. I have no plans for Christmas at all - no food or visiting or anything :(
9. I had great plans to go skiing or something over break - yet I have not actually put a plan in place and break starts today. Looks like nothing fun will be in the works :(
10. I never looked for our missing ornaments or the start for the top of the tree - so it is still topless :(
11. Malea was supposed to have a party last weekend for her birthday and we had to move that for fruit delivery. Then it was going to be this weekend - but one of her friends was going to be out of town - so the plan is now for January sometime. She hasn't had a party in 3 years now - and I just feel bad. She never had a cake or candles or anything this year :(
12. My house is a mess - this is pretty much not a big surprise to most. I really do try most of the time. I've spent most of my free time either working, dealing with sick kids, or working on this blanket.
I'm sure I could come up with many reasons - but 12 is probably good enough to show how awful I am :( I feel like the worst Mom ever.....
I am a wife and mother of 2. I have many different interests - baking, home renovations, music, education ;)